This post provides all information about NIDA online services, about Kitambulisho cha NIDA, How to get Namba ya NIDA NIN, how to register for Nida id, and jinsi ya kubadili taarifa za NIDA Mamlaka ya vitambulisho vya Taifa NIDA.
About National Identification Authority NIDA Online.
NIDA is the authority under the Ministry of Home Affairs, which is responsible for providing all types of national IDs of Tanzania. The authority issues three types of IDs, which are:
- Kitambulisho cha taifa or citizen ID,
- Legal resident ID, and
- Refugee ID for those 18 years of age and older and living in the country legally.
NIDA also manages the National ID Database. Data stored in the NIDA database is then shared by NIDA stakeholders eg. Banks, and Social Security funds for their Customer Identification processes.
How to get Namba ya NIDA NIN For free – NIDA Online Services
National Identification Authority (NIDA) introduced a new system to get NAMBA YA NIDA (NIN) for free through NIDA online services or through Short message service (SMS).
Namba ya NIDA through NIDA online Portal
- Visit the official NIDA Online Website CLICK HERE
- After the page opens, you will see a form to fill in your information as registered. These details are:-
- First name
- Date of birth
- First mother’s names
- Mother’s last name
- Enter security word
- Finally, click on the “send” button
Namba ya NIDA through Short message service (SMS) for free
National Identification Authority (NIDA) introduced a new system to get NAMBA YA NIDA (NIN) for free through Short message service (SMS) when send your details to 15096 to get this service read more Instructions in PDF File below.
NIDA Self-services | Jihudumie
The NIDA Online portal also provides self-services to all citizens of Tanzania. To get these services you will need to get a control number for the payment in the NIDA portal official.
A payment number is currently provided to anyone in need of:
- Paying for a lost or damaged ID to have another one made. The cost of this service is
- Tsh 20,000/- if you are changing for the first time.
- Tsh 30,000/- if you change for the second time.
- Tsh 50,000/- if you change for the third time or more.
- The subject wants to change the information that involves changing the National Identity Card.
- Changing your NIDA information (For the instructions you will be given by NIDA officials).
Importance of NIDA Number
There are many benefits to owning a National Identity Card, these are among the many benefits of national identity card.
- It makes it easier to identify people who have borrowed loans from banks and various funds
institutions in the country.
- It will help increase the scope of Government revenue by recognizing all those who evade paying taxes
- It will help to identify the person easily when they need to be offered services in various institutions such as banks, credit institutions, and health services.
- It helps to keep records of crime incidents in an electronic notebook.
- It enables one to identify someone when doing business or other activities using different names.
- Having a National ID from NIDA will also allow you to register your mobile SIM card number, create an account with BRELA ORS for business registration purposes, etc.
- For registering the Ajira Portal account