Website Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee
Position: Logistics Technical Assistant (Fleet Management)
Reports to: Logistics Team Leader
Duty station: Nyarugusu/Kasulu -Kigoma
Duration: 12 Months with the possibility of extension
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
- Ensure all NRC drivers adhere to NRC logistics driving procedure
- Ensure asset and CO inventories are up to date.
- Compile and submit weekly/monthly vehicle/generators utilization and carpool reports and submit to Logistics Team Leader/Coordinator
- To Prepare mandatory reports with all details in respect of Fleet for dissemination to the Area Office by the 5th of Every month for inclusion in country Reports to be submitted to the Region
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that all NRC vehicles/Generators are in proper operating condition and coordinate vehicle/generators maintenance
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles
- Train and develop drivers
- Manage NRC drivers in accordance with NRC logistics guidelines
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Filing of all vehicle records and reports
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- At least 2 years’ experience from working with transport and vehicle management in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Logistics, Business Administration or other related field
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, including strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
- Working with people
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Patient, flexible and creative
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading scale
This position is open to all Tanzania Nationals .” Female Candidates are encouraged to apply”.
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.