This post provides all O-level syllabu 2023, the syllabus for secondary schools and primary schools and the syllabus for A-level education. O-level syllabus for all subjects
The syllabus was prepared by Taasisi ya Elimu Tanzania TET or known as the Tanzania Institute of education TIE. These links will allow you directly to download all the latest syllabi available for both primary and secondary schools.
Syllabus for Primary Schools And Kindergarten/Pre-primary
The curriculum for Primary Education will be implemented for seven years and divided into two major sections.
The first section involves the first two years of primary education, Standards I and II. The section’s curriculum focuses on developing competencies in Reading, Writing and Arithmetics (the 3Rs) among pupils. This section considers the early learning years based on the mental, physical, and social development of a child.
The second section is for Standards III-VII. This section focuses on developing competencies in the following eight subjects:
Kiswahili, English, Mathematics, Civic and Moral Education, Science and Technology, Social Studies, Vocational Skills and optional subjects (French and Arabic).
- Curriculum and Syllabus for Pre-Primary Education
- Curriculum for Primary Education Standard I – VII (English)
- Mtaala wa Elimu ya msingi darasa la I – vii (Kiswahili)
- Syllabus for Adapted Primary Education – Deafblind Pupils Level I-III
O-level Syllabus 2023 | Syllabus for O-level, Secondary Schools 2023
The following are the curriculum and syllabus for Secondary schools for all subjects, O-level syllabus just open the link to download/read the syllabus.
- Syllabus for Basic Mathematics Form I-IV 2023
- Syllabus for Biology Form I-IV 2023
- Syllabus for Civics Form I-IV 2023
- Syllabus for Geography Form I-IV 2023
- Syllabus for Physics Form I-IV 2023
- Syllabus for Kiswahili Form I-IV
- Syllabus for English Language Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Chemistry Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Book Keeping Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Chinese Language Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Literature in English Form III-IV
- Syllabus for Home Economics Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Agriculture Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Arabic Language Form I-IV
- Syllabus for History Form I-IV
Syllabus for Technical Secondary School Education Form I-IV – Syllabus for O-level
- Framework for Technical Secondary Schools Implementation
- Syllabus for Architectural Draughting Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Electrical Engineering Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Civil Engineering Surveying Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Engineering Science Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Building Construction Form I-IV
- Syllabus for Woodwork and Painting Engineering Form I-IV
Syllabus for A-level Download here
About Taasisi ya Elimu Tanzania TET / TIE
This is a Tanzania Institute of Education Evaluation platform. It allows private publishers to submit their electronic teaching and learning for evaluation and validation. It offers all the features that are also available on the mobile phone application.
To become the centre of excellence in curriculum design, development and implementation with highly competent, motivated and committed professionals
To facilitate the provision of quality education through quality curricula in pre-primary, primary, secondary and Teacher Education.
The Tanzanian educational system operates on the 7-4-2-3 system: 7 years of primary school, followed by 4 years of secondary school (Ordinary Level) leading to 2 years of Advanced Level.
After the 13th year of secondary school, students may take the Advanced Certificate exam and attend college for 3 to 4 years. While the national language in Tanzania is Swahili, English is taught, along with Swahili, Math and Science, in Primary Schools. Secondary School students are only taught in English.