This post is about bbc job opportunity, Producer-presenter job opportunity at bbc media, Producer-presenter Nambie show. To further details of this opportunity read carefull on this article.
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development organisation, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We follow the editorial standards and values of the BBC, but we rely on funding from donors and partners to carry out our work.
Job title: Producer-presenter job – Niambie
Duration: 12 months to December 2023 (with possible extension)
Deadline for applications: 18 December 2022
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BBC Media Action is looking for an experienced, creative, and dynamic young radio producer-presenter. S/he will become one of the main voices of the Niambie radio show and will represent the programme and the work of BBC Media Action at events, outside broadcasts and while recording content. The successful candidate will be expected to produce and present the weekly programme in Kiswahili and to ensure it continues to meet the highest editorial, production standards in line with the BBC’s editorial values and safeguarding policies.
The role is open to applicants aged 21-26 holding a degree or diploma in journalism. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Present the Niambie radio show and social media content, including Facebook/Instagram Live in an engaging style that appeals to its young audience and attracts new listeners, helping the show to grow and improve and cementing a trusted relationship with its audiences.
- Plan, script, produce and edit programme items and some full editions of the programme.
- Originate ideas and create content for programmes, stories, features, and interviews, both on radio and digital platforms and other media content as the project develops.
- Gather, and verify the accuracy of, content for a range of programme formats through interviews, and collaboration with the Content Researcher and gender equality experts within the office.
- Assist the Senior Producer to plan programme topics and production trips and events.
- Impartially and critically review content from the Niambie project and – at times – content from other BBC Media Action projects in Tanzania and elsewhere.
- Represent diplomatically, energetically, and strategically Niambie and BBC Media Action as a whole at external events such as workshops, conferences and launches including championing gender equality as a concept and in practice.
- Learn, stay up to date with, and consistently apply the BBC’s editorial policies and values, production standards, and approach to safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding Policy and the staff Code of Conduct.
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on safeguarding and respect at work.
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy.
- Assist with other production and project management tasks as required.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience
- At least two or three years of experience of working as a presenter, producer and/or on-air journalist with an in,ternational or reputable Kiswahili broadcaster – essential.
- A recognised journalistic qualification from a reputable university or college – essential.
- Proven commitment to the principles of gender equality – essential.
- Working knowledge of English in order to be able to use our systems, communicate with colleagues in London and other offices and contribute to reports – essential.
- Experience of developing entertaining, memorable, and editorially-sound programme topics and formats- essential.
- Experience of working on behaviour-change communication projects, preferably in the governance or gender sectors – desirable.
- Knowledge of computer software for audio or video editing and uploading content to a range of digital platforms – desirable.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes, or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and/or development.
- Decision making – ready and able to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made.
- Planning and Organisation – able to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Resilience – can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Communication – able to be understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Self-development – able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development.
The role may involve working with groups of vulnerable children and adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check may form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
BBC Media Action has zero tolerance for fraud and exploitation. If you have any concerns, please share with us through email@example.com
How to apply for Producer-presenter job:
Producer-presenter job Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send by 5pm on 18th December 2022