This post is about the Assistant Accountant Volunteering opportunities at Afya Plus 2022, the Resource Mobilization Officer internship, and Job vacancies at Afya Plus.
Read Also New Internship Vacancies at Afya Plus
About Afya Plus
Afya Plus Organization is primarily focused on cultivating behaviour change and building a strong community through the promotion of water sanitation and hygiene services and empowerment of young girls and women through the involvement of relevant stakeholders. We have strengthened water sanitation and hygiene services in schools within the Iringa region and interventions have impacted nearly 203,141 lives in 99 schools.
Read also: Afya Plus Volunteer opportunities.
Afya Plus organization brings clean water and sanitation programs to the community, with a focus on girls and women, education and Health. Afya Plus is soliciting applications from excellent candidates to fill the vacant post below:
Volunteer Position: The Assistant Accountant
Location: Iringa | Duration 6 Months
Description Volunteer Ad: Assistant Accountant
AFYA PLUS ORGANIZATION is seeking a qualified Assistant Accountant Volunteer aged 18 to 35 to join our team. AFYA PLUS is a non-profit and non-business organization registered under the NGO act dealing with the prevention and control of diseases through Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Adolescence and Young Women Empowerment.
Summary for Volunteer Ad: Assistant Accountant
We are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced Assistant Accountant Volunteer to strengthen our team and who will be responsible for the Resource Mobilization activities of the organization.
Responsibilities Volunteer Ad: Assistant Accountant
- To assist in the preparation of the Organization and Project budget.
- To assist in creating and implementing financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- To assist and contribute to Organization financial audits.
- To assist in managing records and receipts of all income and expenses
- To assist in reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
- To assist in the preparation of balance sheets.
- To assist in developing an in-depth knowledge of the organization’s products and processes.
- To assist in being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
- To assist in monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within a company, such as a payroll, invoicing and other transactions.
- To assist in ensuring that the organization is adhering to all statutory demands such as payment of tax, NSSF and Medical insurance
- To assist in coordinating logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- To do any other relevant activity or assignment as it may be directed by the Executive
- Submit at least 2 new application project budgets once per month.
- Conduct at least 1 interim internal audit once per quarter
- Submit at least 2 statutory payments once per month.
- Oversee payroll once per month.
- Coordinate 1 financial audit once per year.
- To Prepare 1 annual budget at the beginning of the year.
- To submit at least 3 Funding Proposals per Month.
- To keep the finance software and drive up to once per month
- Lead at least 1 project in every 6 months
Job Requirements for Volunteer Ad: Assistant Accountant
Qualifications and Experience Volunteer Ad: Assistant Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree holder in one of the following Accounting and Finance, Business administration in accounting or other a related field, Master’s degree will add advantage.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience on the same field or fresh graduate may apply
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and train others in financial reporting.
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, good writing and editorial skills.
How to apply for Volunteer Ad: Assistant Accountant
- Interested Persons will be required to submit the following details to the address below.
- Application Letter
- Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualifications and experience.
- 3 contacts of relevant referees.
- Directed To:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, AFYA PLUS ORGANIZATION,
The application can be sent via email to email@example.com or submit your application directly to our office at Gangilonga – Iringa MC nearby Toyota Garage / ASAS Tower, no later than 11th September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.