This post is about the Project driver Vacancies, Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) jobs, New Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) Jobs opportunities, Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) Project Drivers Vacancies, and All available Project Driver Vacanciesat Ifakara Health Institute (IHI).
- Free application letter / Cover letter with an Example/ template.
- Free Curriculum Vitae writing / with an example to download
About Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Job Ad: Project Driver
Location: Katavi | Report to Administrative Officer/Assistant
Position Summary of Project Driver
Ifakara Health Institute seeks Project Drivers to join the PMI | Tanzania Malaria Surveillance Activity (TMSA) team. They will be driving the Activity team (and guests) to the various study areas and sometimes outside the study areas.
The PMI | Tanzania Malaria Surveillance Activity is a five-year program (August 2022 – August 2027) implemented by Ifakara Health Institute, which supports the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in reducing the malaria burden and in moving toward malaria elimination. The Activity is made possible by the support of the American people through the US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The PMI | TMSA works with the GOT to reduce the malaria burden and move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination―while achieving USAID’s strategy to support institutional growth and capacity development for local institutions. The PMI | TMSA will address the urgent healthcare needs of malaria at-risk populations, especially vulnerable pregnant women and children under five, and support Tanzania partners to grow and execute malaria programs sustainably and successfully.
The PMI | TMSA project will primarily work to support both facilities- and community-based malaria activities in all districts of the Katavi region, as well as make contributions to the national malaria priorities through the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP).
Duties and Responsibilities Job Ad Project Driver
- • Transport official passengers/visitors and suppliers within and outside the study area.
- • Responsible for the day-to-day minor maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle in his/her charge.
- • Keep the line manager informed if any irregularities happen to the Activity vehicles and suggest the necessary steps as per advice received from the Head Mechanic or Transport Officer.
- • Keep records of vehicle movements and gas refuelling in logbooks as required for each vehicle assigned.
- • Responsible for booking and servicing the car when service is due as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- • Keep vehicle services/maintenance records in a logbook.
- • Undertake daily and weekly checklist of the vehicle and minor repair of vehicles under the administrative custody of the company and obtains appraisals on the cost of vehicle repairs.
- • Support delivering and safe carrying of pouches, emails, documents, or parcels entrusted for transportation as assigned.
- • Assist in the logistic work process as necessary and be flexible in working hours including over the weekend.
- • Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience required for Project driver
- • Certificate of secondary education (Form IV/VI).
- • Preferable with trade test grade three, driving license class C/C1/C2.
- • At least 4 years of driving experience in International NGOs or Local NGOs with safe driving records.
- • Fluent in Swahili and basic English communication skills both written and spoken.
- • Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
Skills and Competencies of Project Driver
- • Be able to fix the vehicle if a minor breakdown occurs.
- • Have strong interpersonal skills.
- • Be flexible.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
How do send Applications to IHI-Project driver Position?
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Thursday, September 15th, 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include PROJECT DRIVER – TMSA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania