This post is about Engineer Vacancies, TANROADS Engineer Vacancies, Engineer II Job Vacancies at TANROADS, New Engineer II Job Opportunities Available and Vacancies at TANROADS.
- Free application letter / Cover letter with an Example/ template.
- Free Curriculum Vitae writing / with an example to download
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of Trunk, Regional Roads networks and Airports in Tanzania Mainland; It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridge scale.
As a measure to strengthen the capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS-Iringa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacant positions available for Civil Engineers, Weighbridge Operators and Office assistants. Apart from the professional qualifications requirements outlined in the positions, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable accountable and with a high degree of integrity.
The Regional Manager’s Office, TANROADS Iringa on behalf of the Chief Executive, Intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the Vacant Posts below
Position Title: Engineer II
Scope of the Position
The successful candidate should be ready to work under minimum supervision, for a considerable length of time when required
Summary for Position Engineer II
To supervise road and bridge construction and maintenance activities.
The position holder shall report to the Regional Manager /In-charge of Maintenance
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Highway Engineering/Transportation Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution;
- Experience in CAD will be added advantage;
- Must have knowledge of survey works, especially on road projects;
- Must have at least one year of experience in supervision of Road works
- Experience in RMMS and BMMS will be added advantage;
- Age: Not above 45 years;
- Must be Computer Literate;
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English Language;
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count surveys for roads and bridges;
- To Investigate sources and quality of construction materials along the roads;
- To identify causes of road accidents;
- Prepare contracts documents and drawings for maintenance works;
- To attend regular site meetings and prepare minutes;
- To Supervise contractors at site and force account operations;
- To prepare progress reports;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by superiors
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable; contacts;
- e Postal address, e-mail and Telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of birth and academic certificates;
- Applicants who are already working at any weighbridge station with TANROADS will not be considered;
- FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULT SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED;
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results will not be accepted;
- Applicants should indicate three referees with reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be certified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for an interview;
- Application letters should be handwritten in the English Language.
Terms and Condition of Service
An appointment will be on Contract Terms of Three years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The salaries for the posts will be according to TANROADS Scales.
How to Apply:
Please send your handwritten application with your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, so as to reach the address shown below no later than 06th September 2022 at 16:30 hrs. Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. Those candidates who do not get invitations should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 23,